+1 206-324-9000, 16300 Redmond Way NE Suite #201, Redmond WA 98052


Travel and Trek to Nepal

Trekking in Nepal, there are 1470 trekking companies in Nepal, only 550 register with Nepal government rest of the companies Not and it’s your own RISK to book through these companies. Many travelers look good deals in online and book through them for cheap rates. However, they will pay the prices at the end and make complains with government of Nepal or, social medias. Our recommendations of companies, go through your local to US and Nepal registered with government to both countries and look for deals from those companies. If you need help recommendations or, help booking trips to Nepal please contact directly at 206-324-9000

My Next Trip:

I’ve decided on a tour, what do I do next?

Book Online with the form here, with the required deposit. Trek and Tour deposits are $700 per person, Summit expedition deposit requires $1,500 and Everest Summit expedition deposit is $10,000.

What is the best way to book flights?

We recommend booking your tour through one of these travel agents. They have booked flights for our tours before and are familiar with many of the details that are often overlooked.

Holiday Northwest Travel

3010 77th Ave SE Suite #101

Mercer Island WA 98040

PHONE: (206) 232 8989

FAX: (206) 232 1375

EMAIL: info@holidaynw.com

WEBSITE: www.holidaynw.com


Naeim at

Just Fares


3123 Eastlake Avenue East
Seattle WA 98102

Phone: 206 223 3600
1 800 766 3601
Fax  206 204 2129

Please tell then you are booking with International Sherpa Guides when booking your tickets.

Do I need a Visa for the country where the tour takes place?

More than likely, yes. Once you have booked and placed a deposit, we will deliver information about Visa requirements. For international travel, please make sure your passport will be valid (not expired) for the duration of your travel.

Do I need Travel Insurance?

We recommend travel insurance for all our travelers. This protects you and your family against loss during your trip and is well worth the extra expense so  you rest easy. We suggest Ripcord. When applying with them, please enter the following agent. You can apply online in  just a few minutes. By clicking here:https://www.ripcordrescuetravelinsurance.com/purchase-ripcord/

Do you have a suggested Packing List for your tours?

Yes. Each tour is different though, so once you have registered and paid a deposit, we will send your specialized packing list and other helpful information to help you prepare.

What shots or medication are required?

Both your trip origin and trip destination are factors in determining your own personal inoculation and medication requirements. Please consult your medical professional or local clinic at least 1 month before departure to determine your pre-travel needs.

Is safety a concern?

We’re trusted by North America and Europe clients because we have a good track record and operate in cooperation with governments of the destination countries. We update our information with governments of Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan and India and can offer informed advice to our customers. You are the most important part of our tours and we make sure to work safely whenever possible. As with traveling to any foreign country, standard travel caution and common sense should be with you at all times.

Can you tell me more about High Altitude Oedema and Altitude Sickness?

High Altitude Oedema

Oedema (the build up of fluid in various parts of the body) is thought to be caused by a rapid ascent to altitude without allowing the body to acclimatise. There is no known medication to either prevent or cure oedema, the only preventative measure being a slow approach to altitude. There are two forms of oedema that may strike at high altitude, viz. High Altitude Cerebral Oedema and High Altitude Pulmonary Oedema.

High Altitude Cerebral Oedema (HACE) is the gathering of fluid on the brain. This causes severe headaches, hallucinations (usually denied by the sufferer), disorientation and a loss of co-ordination. It is very much akin to being drunk and suffering from a hangover at the same time!

High Altitude Pulmonary Oedema (HAPE) is the gathering of fluid on the lungs. Symptoms being extreme exhaustion, shortness of breath and rales (gurgling breath). Very often these symptoms are also accompanied by a chesty cough producing a frothy, blood tinged sputum. On lying down the sufferer feels suffocated as fluid in the lungs enters the windpipe preventing the passage of air.

Both forms of oedema are very dangerous. If suspected there is only one course of action available: immediate and rapid descent to a lower altitude. Sometimes as little as 300m (1000ft) descent can ‘cure’ the sufferer completely. However returning to altitude causes a relapse and is not advised under any circumstances.

Mountain medication
A complete first aid kit is always a good idea when travelling in Africa. Listed below are only a few drugs that should help combat AMS and are a must on Mount Kilimanjaro. This is by no means the definitive list on mountain medicine.

Drug Type For Drug Side Effects
Mild diuretic Prevent or   reduce symptoms of AMS Diamox   (acetazolamide)* Dehydration,   tingling in fingers & toes, change in taste, loss of apetite, drowsiness.
Diamox is a sulphur drug only   available on prescription. Consult your physician before use.
Anti-diarrhoea Stop/prevent   diarrhoea Imodium
Blurred vision, fatigue
Pain killers Cure headaches,   fever, mild pain Aspirin
Stomach upsets
Rehydration Salts Prevent   dehydration, replace lost body fluids None
Throat lozenges Cure sore   throat Thirst
Sun block Prevent sunburn High factor   (SPF 30+) sun block None

*Diamox, a drug designed for glaucoma patients, seems to help prevent AMS (though there is still much medical debate as to its benefits). It is not a ‘miracle drug’ and does not ensure prevention of AMS. Diamox should be taken 72 hours before the beginning of your climb. It should not be used in conjunction with aspirin or drugs containing Ibuprofen.

I have other questions!

Please Contact us! We’re happy to help you get ready for your next adventure!