Visa location: 16300 Redmond Way Suite 201 Redmond WA, 98052
Washington State Nepal consulate services are: Please make appointments through http://NepalConsulate.org
15 days $30.00
30 days $50.00
90 days $125.00
- Please add an additional $15 for the visa processing office fee
- Please make a Cashier Check payable to the Nepal Consulate WA or, Bring Cash !
- We do NOT accept Credit cards, Money Grams, Money Orders OR, personal checks!
You must bring the following document before coming to the office:
- 1. Six months or, more valued passport
- 2. Complete the forms https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np/onlinevisa-mission/application, print 2 copy after submitting your online application, and bring 1 copy with your passport to apply for a tourist visa. If need help fill this form at our office, staff time and print material cost will be applies charges.
- 3. Visa fees: Please Make a Cashier Check to “Nepal Consulate WA” (NO Credit Cards, NO Money Gram and NO Money Order)
- 4. Please Make an Online Appointment InfoPass: https://nepalconsulate.org/visa-info/ before you visit our Redmond WA Office by clicking on the InfoPass link to save you and the consular Exact time!
Tribhuvan International Airport is the only international airport in Nepal. Immigration Office, TIA (Tribhuvan International Airport) under the Department of Immigration has been facilitating tourists flying to Nepal by providing Visa on Arrival. ‘On Arrival’ visa procedure is very quick and simple. You can expect some queues during peak Tourist season. If you wish to skip those queues, you can also consider getting Visa from Nepalese Diplomatic Missions stationed abroad prior to your arrival. The choice is yours.
If you have obtained a visa from Nepalese Diplomatic Missions, then you must enter Nepal within six months from the visa-issued date. Your total stay is counted starting from the day you enter Nepal.
ON Arrival Visas are ‘Tourist Visas’. They bear multiple Re entry facilities. Tourist Visa ‘On Arrival’ is the only entry visa to Nepal. If you are visiting Nepal for purposes other than Tourism (sightseeing, tour, travel, mountaineering, trekking, visiting friends and families), you should still get a ‘ Tourist Visa’ to get into the country. However, you must change the category of visa as per your purpose and length of stay in Nepal from the Department of Immigration by producing the required documents.
Nationals of designated countries are requested to acquire visas prior to their arrival from their nearby Diplomatic missions (Embassies/consulates) of the Nepal Government. Check the link to make sure your eligibility for visa ‘On Arrival’.
Once you arrive at the airport, please follow these simple procedures for Tourist Visa on Arrival.
- 1st Step
- Fill in ‘ Arrival Card ‘
- Fill in the Online ‘Tourist Visa ‘form ( you can fill it out prior to your arrival by visiting our official website Department of Immigration / fill it up using Kiosk machines upon your arrival at the airport). If you fill it from the website, you will get a submission Receipt with a barcode, please print it out and bring it along for acquiring a visa. It works for fifteen days and becomes invalid then after. If so, you will have to fill it up again.
- 2nd Step
- Make payment at the bank according to your visa requirement ( 15/30/90 Days)
- Get the receipt
While you can use different modes of payments (at the visa fees collection counter), we advise you to carry some cash to be on the safe side.
On Arrival Visa Fee
- 15 Days – 30 USD
- 30 Days – 50 USD
- 90 Days – 125 USD
- 3rd Step
- Proceed to the Immigration Desk with your online form, payment receipts, and your passport
- Hand in your documents to the immigration officer for visa processing. He/she issues a visa to you upon his/her satisfaction.
Gratis Visa (Visa for Free)
Gratis Visa is issued free of cost in case of the following categories of Visa applicants:
- Children below 10 years
- Up to 30 days for SAARC citizens (except Afghanistan) visiting Nepal for the first time in a given visa Year. Afghan citizens are eligible for Gratis Visa on Arrival only upon the recommendation of the Department of Immigration. If you are an Afghan citizen, you can request the concerned institution inviting you to Nepal for necessary paperwork with the Department of Immigration to get you a Gratis Visa ‘On Arrival.
- Non Residential Nepalese(NRN) card holder ( issued by MoFA /Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad)
- Chinese Nationals
Officials from China, Brazil, Russia, and Thailand do not need Entry Visa based on reciprocal visa waiver Agreement
Visas of all kinds including ‘Gratis’ issued at the Airport are Tourist Visas. Contact the Department of Immigration for extending your visa or changing the category of your visa. Tourist Visa extension can be done from Immigration Office, Pokhara too. Non-tourist visa extension can be done only at the Department of Immigration (if eligible) for a period of a maximum of one year (except business visa).