Our Office is a Non-Profits FREE Volunteer Nepal Government Service to the United States of America (USA) Since 2016
The Washington State Nepal Consul General Services include issuing Nepal Tourist Visas for the following fees:
15 days $30.00
30 days $50.00
90 days $125.00
Please note that there is an additional $15 fee for visa processing. Payment must be made with a cashier’s check payable to the Nepal Consulate WA or in cash. We do not accept credit cards or personal checks.
Please make appointments through https://nepalconsulate.org/.
When visiting the office, please bring the following documents:
- A passport that is valid for at least six months
- A completed visa application form. The form can be found HERE.
Print two copies of the form after submitting it online, and bring one copy with your passport to apply for a tourist visa. If you need assistance filling out the form at our office, there will be a charge for staff time and print materials.
- Visa fees must be paid with a cashier’s check to “Nepal Consulate WA” (we do not accept credit cards, money grams, or money orders).
- An appointment is made HERE. This will help ensure that you and the consular have exact times for your visit.
For those arriving in Nepal, there are three steps to obtaining a visa:
- Obtain a visa upon arrival or at your destination’s nearest location. You must complete the CCMC Form HERE and provide proof of a PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival.
- Pay the appropriate visa fee in cash or with other acceptable forms of payment at the visa fees collection counter. It is advisable to have some money on hand just in case.
Visa fees for arrival are as follows:
15 Days: $30 USD
30 Days: $50 USD
90 Days: $125 USD
- If eligible, you may obtain a Gratis Visa, which is issued free of charge.
Gratis visas are issued free of charge to the following categories of visa applicants:
- Children under ten years of age
- SAARC citizens (except Afghanistan) visiting Nepal for the first time in a given visa year for up to 30 days. Afghan citizens may be eligible for gratis visas on arrival if recommended by the Department of Immigration. If you are an Afghan citizen, you can request the institution invite you to Nepal to obtain the necessary paperwork with the Department of Immigration to obtain a gratis visa on arrival.
- Holders of Non-Residential Nepalese (NRN) cards issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad
- Chinese citizens who are at least 60 years old
Please note that gratis visas are no longer accessible for US citizens. Officials from China, Brazil, Russia, and Thailand do not need Entry visas based on reciprocal visa waiver agreements
All visas, including Gratis Visas, issued at the airport are tourist visas. To extend your visa or change its category, contact the Department of Immigration. Tourist visas can be extended at the Immigration Office in Pokhara. In contrast, non-tourist visas can be extended for a maximum of one year (except for business visas) at the Department of Immigration if eligible.
We also provide Public Notarial service at our office for your documents.